The project is the refurbishment of Which? Magazine’s Grade II listed building headquarters. The building is owned by Crown Estates so there are a number of restrictions on working hours and noise. The Client has also chosen to continue occupying the building for the majority of the project, which restricts the noisy works periods drastically. The project includes:
- Complete refurbishment of 4 levels.
- Addition of a new level to include an auditorium, commercial kitchen and canteen.
- Demolition of one of the façade elevations to allow for the construction of three new lift shafts.
- Works within the listed building areas.
- 2 new staircases.
- Removal of 2 existing lifts.
- New external structural steel and glass façade.
- Award nominated structural steel “armadillo” roof design.
- The project is aiming to achieve BREEAM very good.